Marwatch makes use of SSH to monitor the MiVoice MX-ONE device. As such, it collects a user name and password that it uses to perform its monitoring tasks. Should the need arise to change the user that is used to perform this monitoring, the following procedure must be followed:
Required for procedure:
- root password
- SSH access to the MiVoice MX-ONE device in question
- Know the username to which you want to transfer monitoring
- In the procedure, it will be NEWUSER
- Use SSH to login to the MiVoice MX-ONE
- At the prompt, execute the following TWO commands:
sudo chown NEWUSER /tmp/marwatch* sudo chown -R NEWUSER /tmp/marprobe/
- exit the SSH session
- In MarWatch, change the SSH Preferences to match the NEWUSER and associated password; save the device
- If the device save succeeds, the procedure is almost complete: follow last step. If not, repeat the procedure and ensure NEWUSER is properly configured on the MX-ONE.
- Allow for at least 30 minutes of monitoring; review the MX-ONE dashboard to see if the graphs for Traffic and/or Set Inventory have updated in that time. If so, the procedure is complete. If not, please redo this procedure.