The hardware-based probe, also called the Connect Appliance, is a small white box system-on-a-chip computer that comes with the MarWatch Probe software pre-installed. Follow these steps to get this appliance configured and reporting in to your MPA instance.
- Unbox your appliance
- Connect the ethernet and power cables, being sure to connect to a switch port on the desired VLAN (if applicable)
- Watch your DHCP server for a new address request
- Open an SSH session to the newly reserved IP address
- Log in with the default credentials:
- Username: config
- Password: config
- Follow the on screen instructions to change your password
- Look for any available updates by running this command:
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
- In your MPA system, create a new Probe device or browse to the existing Probe you want to associate this appliance to
- On the Probe device dashboard, open the Probe Configuration view from the Tools menu and copy the highlighted Probe Configuration URL
- Configure your MPA Probe details by running this command:
- sudo service marprobe config
- Paste in the Probe Configuration URL copied in step 9, and press Enter
- Your appliance should now restart the software and should start checking in within the next few minutes
You may also want to Assign a Static IP Address.
For On-Premise systems, you may need to Install the Server's SSL Certificate.